Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Day 2

Here is my unofficial weigh-in 251.3. Still waiting to hear from my sister. We are supposed to be in this together. Sister, I'm down 10 pounds since July 14th and that is with my slow start and mini-goals. Now I'm getting serious, how about you? No more rice krispie treats or peanut butter bars - even if you allow for the calories. Those things can make a reappearance in your diet after you've made some progress. I thought you were competitive. It's healthy food time.

Here is some rambling:

This isn't really day 2. I started this new journey July 14th. So far I've met a few of my goals. I gave up soda, specifically, I gave up Coca Cola. I am a total soda addict. It was hard and the week of sluggishness and headaches was horrible. I've also made the transition to unsweet tea. People keep telling me to use Stevia or some other artificial sweetener. Well, I just do not agree that artificial anything needs to be ingested. If I can avoid it, I will.

Yesterday, I started a 2 week trim down. It's supposed to be one of those cleansing diets. I don't believe any food product will actually cleanse my body of any toxin. I'm pretty certain that is what my liver and other organs do! Maybe eating healthy foods will improve the health of my organs and then they will work more efficiently. Since increasing my water intake, I'm pretty sure my kidneys are working good. At least my bladder is working all the time now.

So my food choices range from veggies, to veggies and some more veggies. I can have a couple eggs and 2 fruits. No fruit after 2pm. And I can have lean meats. The diet pushes green tea which I cannot drink because it is gross. I'll have a cup of regular tea (no sweetener at all). Yesterday, I packed poorly for lunch. I was hungry most of the day. Today, I packed a more rounded selection. Only 1 fruit unless you count the tomatoes. I had planned on an apple and banana but the apples had gone squishy. Other things I'm avoiding for the next 2 weeks are pastas and breads. Giving up those 2 things will probably be the hardest part.

Here are some of my goals:

Yesterday I only drank about 50 ounces of water. I want to get that number up to 80 ounces.
I went to bed at 10:30pm last night and was awake (but not up) by 6:30am. I want to make this a more consistent thing, no more staying up super late.
Walking - we went to Six Flags on Sunday, so that was a ton of walking. I skipped last night but I'm going to go walking tonight at the mall. My goal is to walk every other day.

So that's enough rambling. I love you sister and need you to be all-in.

1 comment:

  1. You need ME to be all in? Lol! I'm in, girl! Sounds like you are off to a great start. Not sure about this whole cleansing thing, but for a couple weeks, it's probably good for you. I think unsweet tea is so much more refreshing, but stevia is a natural sweetener, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete